The Lewmar 40EST EVO ELS-Series Electric Self Tailing Winch Kit is a 12V, self tailing EVO™ winch that works at the push of a button!
- Fitted with a series wound motor
- Allows the sheet to be recovered rapidly at low load when sheets are slacker, and slows down as load increases
- Provides speed when you need it most
- Provides control as you tune your sails to perfection
- Removes the need for a 2 speed winch motor
- Manual operation is available as a back up, or to experience traditional sailing
- Push button power
- Quiet operation
- Manual override
- All the benefits of the EVO range
- Easy to install
- Inclusive of contractor and motor units
- Electric Load Sensing - ELS
- Pioneered by Lewmar, ELS (Electric Load Sensing) electric winches are controlled by an Overload Protection Control Box
- Allows the winch to be operated up to the safe working load of the specific winch
- Once load is exceeded, the winch automatically cuts out
- Once load is reduced to below the safe working load, the winch can be restarted
- ELS has the additional safety function of a motor thermal trip, which ensures the motor cuts out in the event of excessive heat build up
- ELS is available for all EVO Electric Winch Range sizes 40 to 80
- Height: 6-9/10"
- Base Diameter: 6-1/16"
- Line Entry: 3-48/64"
- Line Size: 5/16" - 1/2"
In the Box:
- Electric Winch Deck Unit
- Motor Gearbox
- ELS Control box
- Circuit Breaker
Note: 24V version available by special order
Lewmar Winch Selector Guide