Easily and quickly add or repair existing snap studs with the YKK® SNAD® Clear 25mm Adhesive Backed Button Stud. Great for use in canvas cover applications, securing cockpit carpeting or adding gear bags. The adhesive backing allows for a secure marine attachment without damaging your vessel's surface. No tools, no wait, no splits, no hole!
Tested by marine canvas professionals as a high-performing alternative to metal button studs, the SNAD studs attach to surfaces with adhesive rather than screws. The flexible silicone body makes this button stud the perfect choice when needing to install a fastener on a curved or uneven surface.
The SNAD stud secures to boat surfaces with a pad of 3M™ VHB™ acrylic, conformable, adhesive tape (located on the underside of the silicone body) that enables the snap to adhere to boat surfaces without having to drill a hole. For more than 20 years the VHB™ product line has proven to be tough in marine, automotive, medical, aerospace, and architectural applications. YKK has adapted the VHB adhesive with its patented design to bring flexibility and convenience to the marine industry.
The YKK SNAD Button Stud can be used wherever a conventional screw stud might be used. For example, use adhesive-backed fasteners to secure marine carpeting, cushions, seating, canvas coverings, console covers and cockpit enclosures. You can also use SNADs to replace existing screw studs.
- Surface Preparation:
- Snap components will adhere to most clean, dry and well-unified surfaces. Typical surface cleaning solvents are a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and water. Let air-dry or wipe dry with a soft, lint-free cloth before applying fastener.
- Ideal tape application temperature range is 70° F to 100° F (21° C to 38° C)
- Flexible SNADs & 3M Primer 94:
- 3M Primer 94 (sold separately) has been used for better adhesion of flexible SNADs on rigid inflatable boats made of Hypalon
- Will provide attachment strength in applications using stainless steel tubing or rail less than 2" diameter to prevent flexible silicone SNAD body from "uncurling" off surface
- Provides secure attachment without damaging surface
- Works with existing snaps
- Misplacements easily corrected
- Documented performance adhesive for marine use
- Conforms to marine nonslip deck patterns
- Can withstand being walked and sat upon
- Prevents discoloring or cracking of vessel surfaces
- Ensures consistent snap action over repeated use
- Replaces existing button studs
- Expands applications for RIB's and thin-wall construction
- Material: Automotive grade POM with UV inhibitor
- Adhesive: VHB 4941 conformable 45 mils (1.1 mm) 3/64" Gray
- Snap size: Compatible with all Ligne 24 snaps, the most common fastener in marine applications
- Compatible with: Style 2 snaps meeting mil-spec 10884 for military contracts
- Number required per pound of load: 3-4 SNADs
- Made in U.S.A
SNAD Data Sheet (1.32 MB)
Installation Guide (4.03 MB)
SNAD Removal Guide (2.33 MB)
SNAD Technical Bulletin (2.09 MB)