Sailology's TackRite Boom Brake is a simple boom rappelling device that uses different degress of friction to slow down the boom swing when jibing.
- Boom rappelling device designed to slow down the boom swing when jibing
- Method reduces the slamming of the boom from side to side.
- This is done by allowing the boom to shift while being restricted by the amount of friction rigged into the TackRite rappeler
- Using the mid-span cleats rig 1/2" line from one side to the other and determine the desired amount of drag within the TackRite rappeler
- A block can be added to one of the cleats allowing rappeler line to lead back to a cockpit location for additional control.
- Working load: 8500 lb
- Note: This is a boom brake only
- Requires 1/2" line and attachment method to boom (Sold Separately)