On sailboats the backstay adjuster enables the crew to precisely adjust and control the forestay tension. Control equates to optimum performance of the headsail and guarantees smooth operation of a furling system.
- When not under sail, the backstay adjuster permits the release of tension on the rig, thereby helping to prolong the life of the rigging and fittings
- The smaller backstay adjusters are made with a wheel system which is strong, quick and easy to use
- Version: Wheel adjuster
- Material: Grade 316L stainless steel
- Applications: 5 / 6 / 7 mm wire diameter:
- Open: 20 1/2"
- Closed: 13 3/4"
- Pin diameter: 1/2"
- Length pin to pin closed / open: 13.78" x 20.47" (350 / 520 mm)
- Toggle length x width: 15 x 20 mm
- Stud diameter: 1/2"
- Functional load: 7,700 lbs
- Breaking load: 11,700 lbs
Note: imperial dimensions are approximate, the manufacturer built this product to metric specs.