West System 205 Fast Hardener
Item # 923174
West System 205 Fast Hardener is a medium-viscosity epoxy curing agent suitable for use at lower temperatures and to produce a rapid cure that develops its physical properties quickly at room temperature.
- 105 / 206 mixture yields a rigid, high-strength, moisture-resistant solid with excellent bonding and coating properties
- Wets out and bonds to wood fiber, fiberglass, reinforcing fabrics, foam and other composite materials, as well as a variety of metals
- 105 / 205 Epoxy can be thickened with West System fillers to bridge gaps and fill voids and can be sanded and shaped when cured
- With roller applications, has excellent thin-film characteristics, allowing it to flow out and self-level without "fish-eyeing"
- Multiple coats of 105 / 205 Epoxy create a superior moisture barrier and a tough, stable base for paints and varnishes
- Formulated without volatile solvents
- Has a relatively high flash point, no strong solvent odor and does not shrink after curing
- It is not intended for clear coating natural finished wood
- Mix ratio: (5) parts resin : (1) part hardener
- Pot life at 72°F (22°C): 9 to 12 minutes
- Cure to solid state: 6 to 8 hours
- Cure to maximum strength: 1 to 4 days
- Minimum recommended temperature for curing: 40°F (4°C)