- Vetus Replacement Bow Thruster Zinc Anode
- Applications: BOW25 thruster
- Material: Zinc
- Self Sacrificing Anode Avoids Costly Electrical Damage
- At least once a year, you should replace the protective zinc anode on the outside of the thruster tailpiece (the bronze gearbox that is located underwater, in the thruster tube)
- This chunk of zinc is intended to be eaten away by electrolysis, and if it's not there, or is much reduced, your tailpiece, including the inner sections of the thruster prop shaft, will deteriorate if there is stray current in the water around your boat, either from your boat, another boat or the marina electrical system
Note: imperial dimensions are approximate, the manufacturer built this product to metric specs.
Anode Selection Guide