Vetus Bow 95 Thruster
Item # 886945
Thrusters inspire docking confidence and provide a gentle push - that you control - away from or to the dock or seawall.
- Single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- Unique blade design minimizes cavitation noise
- Strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight
- Flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration
- Streamlined tail piece for optimum flow
- Equal thrust in either direction
- High efficiency motors
- Easy installation - clear installation and operation instructions
- Additional Components Required for Bow Thruster Installation (sold separately):
- Wiring Harness
- Fuse holder and fuse
- Dedicated battery bank (optional)
- Battery Switch
- Battery Cable
- Ignition Protection: No
- Horse Power: 8 HP max
- Boat Size: 34' to 55 ft
- Tunnel Dia. (internal): 7-9/32"
- Tunnel Minimum Installed Length: 14-1/2"
- Current Draw (max.): 610A
- Thrust (in lbs force): 210
- Current Draw (max.): 320A
- Thrust (in lbs force): 231
Why You May Need an Ignition Protected Bow Thruster
- It is not safe to install a conventional electric bow thruster in the engine room, or compartment containing fuel tanks, of a gasoline powered boat because gasoline fumes may be ignited by internal sparking in the thruster's motor. To allow safe installation under these conditions, VETUS has developed ignition protected bow thrusters which include sealed motor housings meeting the ISO 8846 Marine "ignition protection" standard
- Model BOW9512B - 12V DC / Model BOW9524B - 24V DC
Note: imperial dimensions are approximate, the manufacturer built this product to metric specs.