Thrusters inspire docking confidence and provide a gentle push - that you control - away from or to the dock or seawall. Offers tremendous maneuverability, especially when you're shorthanded or cruising with inexperienced guests.
- Single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- Unique blade design minimizes cavitation noise
- Strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight
- Flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration
- Streamlined tail piece for optimum flow
- Equal thrust in either direction
- High effeciency motors
- Easy installation - clear installation and operation instructions
Additional Components Required for Bow Thruster Installation (Sold separately):
- Wiring Harness
- Fuse holder and fuse
- Dedicated battery bank (optional)
- Battery Switch
- Battery Cable
- Ignition Protected: No
- Volts: 48V
- Maximum Amperage: 560A
- Range of Boat Sizes: 72' - 92'
- Thrust in Pounds Force: 628
- Motor Horse Power: 21.5
- Tunnel Diameter (Internal): 11 13/16"
- Tunnel Minimum Installed Length (at Tube Bottom): 24"
- Boats lengths are experienced-based rules of thumb. For unusual boat profiles, please contact Vetus
Why You May Need an Ignition Protected Bow Thruster:
- It is not safe to install a conventional electric bow thruster in the engine room, or compartment containing fuel tanks, of a gasoline powered boat because gasoline fumes may be ignited by internal sparking in the thruster's motor. To allow safe installation under these conditions, VETUS has developed ingnition protected bow thrusters which include sealed motor housings meeting the ISO 8846 Marine, "ignition protection," standard
Note: imperial dimensions are approximate, the manufacturer built this product to metric specs.