Schaefer's SnapFurl CF-500 Jib Reefing and Furling System (CF-500) is an over-the-headstay furling and reefing system intended for day sailors and small cruising boats (16' to 24'). It utilizes Torlon™ bearing races, a composite torque tube and two-piece snap together high-grade PVC extrusions. This light weight and high strength unit is ideal for trailerable sailboats.
- Upper bearing swivel with (2) Torlon™ ball bearing races for smooth, effortless operation
- Efficient, round foil snaps quickly and easily over existing headstay without the need for special tools or rig modifications
- Composite one-piece torque tube and drum made of high-strength, long-grain nylon composite with UV inhibitors
- Two-piece interlocking PVC Geon extrusion
- Open drum design with stainless steel cage
- Elegant stainless steel sail feeder with captive fasteners
- CNC-machined stainless steel lower bearing race
- Typical boat length: 16' - 24'
- Headstay length: 31' max.
- Headstay diameter: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16"
- Clevis pin diameter: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8"
Schaefer SnapFurl CF-500 Jib Reefing and Furling System Dimensional Drawing
Schaefer Furlers System CF-500 Installation Instructions