The world's best ratchet block is now even better. The Ronstan Series 55 Ratchet Orbit Fiddle Block with a Cam Cleat and Becket (RF56530) boasts the highest strength-to-weight ratio available. This is achieved through all-composite reinforced polymer materials and a Dyneema® rope link head. Their precision design allows the optimum number of ball bearings in loaded areas and eliminates them in inactive areas. Ineffective mass is reduced even further through fiber-reinforced composites in the block head, cleat arms and beckets.
- Ultra Lightweight
- Low friction 2-stage Orbital ball bearing system
- Highest working load in its class
- Up to 20:1 holding power
- Low profile and compact
- High performance cleating
- Mainsheet systems on dinghies, sportsboats and small keelboats to 9m (30ft)
- Spinnaker sheets on dinghies, sportsboats and small keel boats to 9m (30ft)
- Halyard, Vang and Backstay application on boats to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Sheave: 2-5/32" + 1-3/8"
- Max. Line Size: 3/8"
- Max Working Load: 550 lbs
- Breaking Load: 1650 lbs
- Weight: 8.3 oz
- Ball bearings - High compression strength carbon black Acetal
- Stage 2 bearing - Carbon fiber reinforced, PTFE impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks - Toughened, glass fiber reinforced Nylon
- Rope Link: UV stabilized, multi-strand SK75 Dyneema®
Note: Fiddle sheave has a high load full contact bearing (ie. not ball bearing). Main sheave has two-stage, ball bearing.