The Ronstan Series 60 Core Block with Clevis Pin Head (RF64108A) is a true all around solution. A tuned 2-stage bearing system provides excellent performance across the full working load range with an integrated thrust bearing feature and the resilience to handle high dynamic or static loads. Acetal sheave, alloy cheeks and stainless fixings complete the durable package. For reliability and a long service life, these blocks are the right choice for sheets, halyards and control line applications for cruising and racing.
- Class leading performance and sleek, contemporary styling
- Excellent dynamic and high static load performance
- Less than half the friction of the nearest competitor
- Durable aluminum alloy cheek plates
- Central hub hole can be used as a becket take-off or tie-up point
- Versatile trunnion snap shackle
- Provides quick & simple attachment and removal
- 360 degree relation with side-to-side articulation
- Integrated becket through the hub of the lower sheave
- Ideal for mainsheet, halyard and spinnaker sheet applications on boats to 12m (40ft)
- Various control line applications on larger yachts
- Alloy sheave models are available for use with wire
- Sheave Diameter: 2-3/8" (60 mm)
- Max. Line Size: 1/2" (12 mm)
- Safe Working Load: 2200 lbs. (1000 kg)
- Breaking Load: 4410 lbs. (2000 kg)
- Weight: 6.4 oz. (182 g)
- Sheave: U.V. stabilized Acetal or anodized aluminum (AW models)
- Cheek plates: Aluminum alloy
- Ball Bearings: High compression strength carbon black Acetal
The Ronstan Universal Bearing incorporates proven 2-stage bearing system with proven dynamic and high static load performance.
Stage 1 - Under moderate loads, Acetal ball bearings ensure minimum friction.
Stage 2 - Under heavy loads, where deformation of ball bearings alone would result in increased friction, a sliding Acetal bearing on a polished stainless steel race takes over, maintaining low friction performance.
Additionally the ball bearings are configured to act as a thrust bearing between the sheave and cheeks, preventing the sheave from rubbing on the cheeks and causing friction when the line lead in and out of the block isn't perfect. Particularly important for cheek blocks.
Alloy cheek plates
Block cheeks are manufactured from the highest quality alloy for maximum strength. Material optimization and the cut-away design minimizes weight and allows easy fresh water rinsing of salt and debris from the bearings. Cheek design has been further styled with flaring at the block throat and reduced gap between the cheek and sheave, minimizing rope wear.