Raymarine SeaTalkNG Spur Cables (White) connect individual SeaTalkNG devices to the backbone. Selecting the cable length that provides adequate length for the run while minimizing the amount of excess cable.
- Function: Spur cables connect individual SeaTalk NG devices to the backbone
- Spurs connect to the backbone via either a SeaTalk NG T-Piece or 5-Way Connector
Building a Raymarine SeaTalk NG Backbone Cable:
- A complete SeaTalk backbone comprises of two or more backbone cables connected in series
- There must be only one backbone and this must be terminated with two terminators, one at each end of the backbone (Sold Separately)
- Build a backbone by running backbone cables between the locations of the products you want to connect (spur points)
- At each spur point, connect the backbone cables to an appropriate SeaTalk connecting device (T-Piece, or 5-Way Connector) (Sold Separately)
- Use only the appropriate lengths of genuine Raymarine SeaTalk made-up backbone and spur cables
- Do Not cut or otherwise modify the cables
- To minimize the need to coil and stow spare cable, always use lengths of cable appropriate to the cable run lengths.