The 50 Amp Galvanic Isolator (GI) is a device for reducing stray low voltage currents traveling between the shore power's AC safety ground (earth) and the boat's DC bonding system, while maintaining the safety requirement of an electrical path to ground in the event of a short circuit.
- Blocks a majority of low voltage currents
- Significantly reduces the corrosive action on zinc, while the integrity of the critical safety ground path is maintained
- Saves in boat haul-out fees and zinc replacement costs
- Large capacitor that provides a secondary low impedance path for sending AC current to ground
- Current rating: 50 Amp
- Shore power voltage: 115 / 230V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Dimensions: 4.5" H x 4.7" W x 8.9" D