The Mustang MA7637 Belt Extender for Inflatable Life Jackets and PFDs allows wearers with larger size requirements to use most Mustang Survival inflatable PFDs and will add 12" to the waist belt. This belt extender fits PFDs with 1.5" buckles. In Canada, wearing a belt extender voids the Canadian ULC approval for the PFD. In the United States, wearing the belt extender voids the US Coast Guard approval UNLESS the wearer has a chest size over 130 cm or 52", in which case wearing an adult universally-sized PFD with a clip-on body strap extension DOES NOT void the approval.
- Applications: Mustang PFDs with 1 1/2" buckles
- Function: Adds 12" to the waist belt
- Dimensions (L x W): 12" x 1 1/2"
- This extender belt does NOT fit inflatable PFD models with 2" webbing
- Approval in the United States:
- Wearing the belt extender voids the US Coast Guard approval UNLESSthe wearer has a chest size over 130 cm or 52 inches In this case, wearing an adult universally-sized PFD with a clip-on body strap extension DOES NOT void the approval
- If a PFD manufacturer wishes to provide a body strap extension, the USCG recommends that it be provided with a PFD Pamphlet and a Caution that the PFD with the extension be tested by the individual user
- Approval in Canada:
- Wearing a belt extender Voids the Canadian ULC approval for the PFD
- Color: Black
Note: Per the US Coast Guard, modifying a PFD, by permanently adding additional body strap webbing, voids the device's approval, no matter who does the modification.