There are plenty of good reasons these outboards rule the water. Start with no-worry reliability. More low-end torque for excellent acceleration. Increased fuel economy and outstanding overall performance. Enhanced fuel injection (EFI models) for boosted efficiency. A robust electrical system with a high-output alternator to keep batteries charged and fishing electronics humming. They have everything you need, and nothing you don't.
Mercury EFI outboards deliver reliable turnkey starts, improved fuel efficiency, and instant throttle response. Great for aluminum tiller, aluminum console, inflatable rigid hull (RIB) and soft hull, watersports, and fish & ski boats.
- Power: 40 HP
- Engine type: Inline 3
- Displacement: 747cc
- Full throttle RPM: 5500-6000
- Fuel induction system: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator Amp/Watts: 18A, 226W
- Recommended fuel: 87 octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke 25W40 Marine Oil
- Trim switch and transom mount key switch included
- Engine protection operator warning system:
- Low oil pressure
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Gearcase ratio: 2.00:1
- Emissions Star Rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.56 x 2.95" / 65 x 75 mm
- Ignition: ECM 70
- Fuel system: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: forward, neutral, reverse
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Lubrication system: Wet sump
- Weight (dry weight with 20" shaft): 242 lbs
- Factory warranty: 3 years. Warranty begins on date of purchase.
Note: propeller and fuel tank not included.
Tiller Instructions (4.81 MB)