Lewmar's DC2 Triple Rope Clutch is very innovative because it does not use teeth to jam the line. Instead it uses a domino cluster that flex for better grip and less rope wear. This clutch has a series of smooth, in-line and parallel rings hinged at the base. The line is run through these rings which are then tilted by a single connecting lever which force the line to snake through them, creating the necessary friction to hold the line securely. When the clutch is released the line straightens and can be eased smoothly if released gradually.
- Instead of simply jamming line, the domino cluster flexes for better grip and less rope wear
- Pull-back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load
- Ergonomically correct handle with solid link to domino cluster
- Stainless steel fairleads for reduced friction
- Side apertures allow easy cleaning of mechanism
- Clutch Type: Single rope
- Clutch Type: Triple rope
- Working Load Limit: 1200 kg (2650 lbs)
- Minimum Holding Load for 8-10 mm Line: 500 kg (1102 lbs)
- Minimum Holding Load for 10-12 mm Line: 700 kg (1550 lbs)
- Minimum Holding Load for 12-14 mm Line: 1000 kg (2204 lbs)
- Dimensions: 88 mm H x 99 mm W x 156 mm L (3-3/8" H x 3-7/8" W x 6-1/8" L)
Note: When selecting a clutch, it is best to select the size with an upper rope range close to the size of the line to be gripped. Doing so will ensure maximum deflection as the domino cluster flexes the line.
Note: 9/16" Line will only fit if core is slightly tapered. There is still a strong possibility of chafe with 9/16" line once in clutch.