Lewmar's DC2 Single Rope Clutch is very innovative because it does not use teeth to jam the line. Instead it uses a domino cluster that flex for better grip and less rope wear. This clutch has a series of smooth, in-line and parallel rings hinged at the base. The line is run through these rings which are then tilted by a single connecting lever which force the line to snake through them, creating the necessary friction to hold the line securely. When the clutch is released the line straightens and can be eased smoothly if released gradually.
- The Lewmar D2 Single Rope Clutch is suitable for high-load rope handling, low load and control line applications on larger boats
- Instead of simply jamming line, domino cluster flexes for better grip and less rope wear
- Ergonomically designed pull-back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load
- Handle has solid link to domino cluster
- Full stainless steel fairleads for minimum friction
- Clutch Type: Single rope
- Working Load Limit: 1200 kg (2650 lbs)
- Minimum Holding Load for 8-10 mm Line: 500 kg (1102 lbs)
- Minimum Holding Load for 10-12 mm Line: 700 kg (1550 lbs)
- Minimum Holding Load for 12-14 mm Line: 1000 kg (2204 lbs)
- Dimensions: 88 mm H x 38 mm W x 156 mm L (3-3/8" H x 1-1/2" W x 6-1/8" L)
Note: When selecting a clutch, it is best to select the size with an upper rope range close to the size of the line to be gripped. Doing so will ensure maximum deflection as the domino cluster flexes the line.
Note: 9/16" Line will only fit if core is slightly tapered. There is still a strong possibility of chafe with 9/16" line once in clutch.