Hayn Lifeline Gate Eye
The Hayn Lifeline Swivel Gate Eye (SWELLS316) uses a Hayn Hi-Mod compression fitting to secure it to the lifeline. This type of fitting uses a crown thrust ring to ensure even spacing of the wire for swaging. It also has a longer cone and more slots in the cone than comparable fittings. All of this means these fittings have a greatly increased ability to handle fatigue.
- Hayn MarineHi-MOD Compression Fittings are unique in a number of ways
- The first is that the cone is longer than comparable fittings currently available
- This spreads the load over a longer portion of the wire, as well as increases the compressive forces inside the fitting
- Hayn has increased the number of slots on the cones to allow for a more even transfer of the load throughout the wire
- The cone is also made from stainless steel, so it is not required to replace the cone upon inspection and/or re-use
- Hayn doesn't recommend the use of sealant in the fitting
- The fittings use a crown thrust ring to assure even spacing of the wire around the cone
- With the use of this crown thrust ring, there's no need to bend the wire around the top of the cone to achieve the proper seating depth of the cone in the body
- The combination of these features greatly increases the fitting's ability to handle fatigue, a critical component of any rigging part
- Without bending the end of the wire, they are also able to greatly reduce the galling problem inherent in these fittings
- Type: Single, Swivel
- Material: Investment Cast 316 Stainless Steel
- Electro Polished
- Swivel Swage Stud
- Attachment: Machine Swage Fitting
This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.