Digital Yacht's WLN10 Smart NMEA to WiFi gateway takes iPad and tablet integration afloat even further with the ability to connect to existing onboard GPS, AIS and instrument systems and transfer data wirelessly to an iPad or tablet allowing compatible apps to display and compute with real time information. The WLN10 creates a secure, password-protected WiFi network onboard.
When connected to, for example, an AIS system, real time AIS target positions and identity data will be displayed on detailed electronic charting through compatible apps including NavLink, TimeZero, iAIS, iSailor, Seapilot and hundreds more. The tablet becomes a full function navigation display.
This version of the WLN10 can now be programmed through its simple browser interface for NMEA 0183 data at 4800 or 38400 baud, as well as allowing multiple devices to connect, so you can be using a PC at the chart table with an iPad on deck.
Interfaced with Digital Yacht's AIT1500 or AIT2000, the WLN10 Smart adapter will provide wireless connectivity of AIS and GPS data. Utilize that with Digital Yacht's NavLink charting app or iAIS app now with Navionics capability. The AIT series also has an additional NMEA data port so it will multiplex an additional channel of data to the WLN10 Smart adapter.
You can also utilize Digital Yacht's SeaTalk to NMEA adapter (ST-NMEA (ISO) Converter-Sold Separately) to allow SeaTalk instrument data to be interfaced directly to the WLN10 Smart adapter.
Apps that support a NMEA output are also supported via the bi-directional wireless interface on the WLN10 Smart Adapter.
- NMEA 0183 to WiFi server (4800 baud or 38400 baud)
- Web interface for setup and initial programming
- Set baud rate, SSID and password through web interface
- Supports both UDP (for multiple connections) and TCP/IP interfaces
- View NMEA data received for easy fault finding of issues
- Supports a bi-directional Wi-Fi interface
- Fully compatible with popular navigation apps and software
- Easy to install IPX4 black box solution
- Power: 8-32V DC
- Average power consumption: 60mA @ 12V DC
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- Support for up to 7 connected Wi-Fi devices
- TCP and UDP connectivity
- Internal WiFi antenna
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 7.2 cm
- Weight: 100 g
- Waterproof Protection: IPx4
- Reset switch
- Wide range of free and premium apps for iOS, Android, PC & MAC
- Integrate with charting, instrument and monitoring applications
Data Sheet (2.78 MB)