The Davis Instruments Mark III Training Sextant is sometimes referred to as a lifeboat sextant. It's a rugged, basic sextant that can be used to take a ship to any part of the earth.
- Used by professional, amateur and student navigators alike
- This rugged, full sized instrument reads to within 2 min. of arc
- Sometimes referred to as a "lifeboat" sextant, the Mark III is an inexpensive training sextant
- Yet this model has taken sailors around the world
- It is full-sized and has sunshades, but no optical magnification to help you find dim celestial bodies
- Includes instruction booklet describing how to find your position accurately anywhere on earth