The Balmar Belt Buddy (BB) is an alternator belt tensioner device that is attached to the Balmar (UAA) Adjustment Arm via a bolt that threads into the adjustment arm.
- The advantage to mounting an alternator with the Belt Buddy is that it does not significantly reduce the length of the adjustment arm slot
- The Belt Buddy is attached to the Balmar (UAA) Adjustment Arm via a bolt that threads into the adjustment arm
- OEM adjustment arms will require drilling and tapping a hole to mount this tensioner
- The Belt Buddy's disadvantage is most adjustment arms do not have room to drill and tap a hole for the BB
- The Balmar (UAA) Universal Alternator Adjustment Arm (Sold Separately) is already tapped and ready for the Belt Buddy
Note: The Universal Belt Buddy (Model BBU - Sold Separately) can be used with OEM arms and does not require drilling and tapping the arm