Made from continuous filaments of polyester or nylon that are twisted together into a cohesive bundle and then plied to make the thread; dyed, stretched, and heat set to achieve the desired physical characteristics. Twisted Multifilament threads come with an additional bond for better ply security and abrasion resistance. They are exceptionally strong for their size and they have excellent resistance and durability. These threads are used for seaming everything from bathing suits to automobile upholstery.
- Good ultraviolet (UV) light resistance
- Consistency in diameter
- Consistency in physical characteristics
- Very good chemical resistance
- Very good abrasion resistance
- Solution dyed Anefil Poly has very good color fastness
- Very good seam strength
- When bonded, very good sewability
- Low moisture regain - not subject to mildew
- Bainbridge Part # EX046WT/8
- Application: Used for sewing outdoor furniture, automotive trim, footwear, and other products that may require good UV and chemical resistance.