Alexseal's Wipe Down Solvent is a mild solvent used for removing sanding dust and mild contaminants like fingerprints, before applying finish primer or topcoat.
- Ensures a clean, dry surface for coating applications
- Enhances evaporative properties used to dissolve, dilute, and suspend paint material
- May be used for final wipe downs prior to any topcoat application or general cleaning
- For use to remove sanding residue on final wipedown between 442 Finish Primer and Alexseal 501 Topcoat, or between coats of Alexseal 501 Topcoat
- Apply on approximately 2 sq. ft. at a time with a lint free cloth, then wipe off with another clean and dry lint free cloth. Do not allow the solvent to dry on the surface prior to wiping it off
- Function: Multi-purpose wipe down solvent
- Applications: 442 Finish Primer and Alexseal 501 Topcoats, or between coats of Alexseal 501 Topcoat
Note: Do not use solvents to wipe or clean raw resin areas after grinding and sanding. This will soften the resin and could affect the adhesion to the paint and fairing system.
Alexseal® Mixing Chart