The ACR GlobalFix™ V4 EPIRB is a marine distress beacon with multiple built-in redundancies to increase your chances of survival in an emergency situation.
The internal GPS will pin-point your location, which is transmitted on the 406 MHz distress signal which in the absence of GPS coordinates, can be used to triangulate your position.
The beacons 121.5 MHz homing signal will bring local search and rescue forces directly to your position and the EPIRBs LED strobe light will allow them to visually locate your position in low light environments.
- The GlobalFix V4 has (2) functional self-tests to monitor the beacons transmission, power and battery performance, as well as GPS acquisition: pair these tests up with ACR's 406Link.com optional testing portal (sold separately) and receive satellite confirmation messages directly to your cellphone or email
- User replaceable battery: the user replaceable battery pack has a 10 year replacement interval reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze
- Highly visible LED strobe - Energy efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS - Fast cold start
- High efficiency electronics - Performance you can count on
- Professional grade design - Engineered, tested and built for years of abusive marine use
- Simple manual activation Keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarms
- Uses Search and Rescue Satellites No subscription fees
- If you use the ACR EPIRB or PLB in an Emergency Situation ACR will replace it free of charge
- If you use your ACR or ARTEX 406 MHz EPIRB, ELT or PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) in a lifesaving emergency that results in your life being saved by search and rescue personnel, ACR/ARTEX will replace your beacon with a new beacon of equal or greater value (hereinafter, the "Program") subject to the terms and conditions described in link below
- Activation Method: Out of bracket and wet, or manually
- Application: Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational, Commercial Marine
- Material: High Impact UV resistant polymer
- Battery Life: 10 Year User Replaceable (P/N 1104)
- EPIRB Type: Category 1/ Class 2
- Floating: Yes
- GPS Enabled: Yes
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 4.3 x 3.6"
- Strobe: LED Strobe
- Transmit Time: Minimum 48 Hours at -4°F (-20°C)
- Waterproof: 33 ft (10m) for 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard
- Weight: 3.85 lbs (61.6 oz) with bracket
Category 1 vs: Category 2 EPIRBs
- Category 1 EPIRBs automatically release from their mounting brackets when immersed in 15' or more of water
- Category 2 EPIRBs must be manually released from their mounting brackets
Note: Once released from their mounting brackets, both Category 1 and Category 2 EPIRBs can be activated automatically by immersion in water, or manually by following the activation instructions printed on the unit.
Click Here for More Information about this Replacement Program Click Here for a Data Sheet for this Product
Click Here for a Data Sheet for this Product (4.45 MB)