The high performance Class B AIS with built-in NMEA 2000 gateway and internal GPS, XB-6000 integrates AIS, GPS and NMEA information. System allow you to see your safety and navigation data on any AIS-capable chart plotter or MFD. Easily integrate AIS to your existing marine electronics and convert NMEA 2000 & 0183 instrument data to USB, facilitating 3rd party navigation software.
This package is designed for installing an XB-6000 AIS Transponder in a nav station or wheelhouse and allows you to share a single VHF antenna between your AIS transponder and VHF radio.
- A NMEA 2000 Gateway- that translates NMEA 2000 instrument data (heading, wind, depth, speed, log, temperature) and routes it over USB and NMEA 0183.
- GPS-Includes a powerful built-in 5 Hz built-in GPS antenna and also includes a 50 channel, external WAAS/EGNOS GPS antenna.
- Features galvanically isolated (GI) ports that protect your transponder and marine equipment from high current damage
- Fully Waterproof IPx7 rated
- USB Connection (waterproof and locking with optional cable)-The USB connection can be used to connect the XB-6000 to on-board computers. The XB-6000 provides a GPS and AIS data feed directly to computer-based navigation software. It translates selected NMEA 2000 instrument data and sends that to your computer too. An optional 5 m (16') waterproof cable features a locking ring so it can't vibrate out of the back of the XB-6000.
- Self Diagnosis Status Lights- Multi-color LED keeps you informed of operational status providing self diagnosis that shows warnings if AIS, GPS, or antenna are not functioning.
- Ultra-low power consumption-Designed for minimal power consumption the WatchMate XB-6000 is extremely well suited for energy conscious vessels. The XB-6000 consumes less power than other AIS transponders even with the NMEA 2000 gateway operating.
- Positive Identification- Vessel names and call signs will be readily available.
- Silent Mode Control- With an optional external switch to control Silent mode, AIS Receivers and GPS continue normally, but transmissions are inhibited. Firmware updates-Designed to be compatible with continuous stream of feature updates, the XB6000 can be updated with your USB cord and your computer.
VHF / AIS Antenna Splitter Specifications:
- Applications: All AIS Transponders and Receivers
- Function: Enables AIS to Share a Single Antenna with VHF and AM/FM Radio
- Power: 12 - 24 Volts DC, Includes Built-in Low Noise Amplifier
- The Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain which improves AIS reception and increasing range. The built-in low noise amplifier is important in increasing the receive range from the increasing number of low power AIS SART and MOB devices.
- The splitter is used to simplify installations by allowing a shared VHF antenna.
- Size: 200 mm W x 130 mm H x 60 mm D (7 7/8" x 5 1/8" x 2 3/8")
- Waterproof (IP67: submersible to 1m for 30 mins)
- Operating temperature: > -25° C to +55° C (-13 °F to 131° F)
- Power supply: 10-32 VDC, 2.5 W nominal
- Number of receivers: 2 AIS, 1 DSC (timeshared)
- Receive sensitivity: -113 dBm (<20% PER)
- Number of transmitters: 1 AIS
- Transmit power output: 33 dBm (2 W)
- AIS Receive frequency range: 156.025 162.025 MHz
- Transmit frequency range: 161.500 162.025 MHz AIS
- GPS: 50 channel with internal antenna. Supports WAAS and EGNOS. Also includes external antenna
- GPS navigation rate: Selectable 1 Hz or 5 Hz with magnetic variation included in output
- GPS sensitivity: -159 dBm tracking & navigation -142dBm acquisition (cold start)
- GPS accuracy: Position 2.5 m CEP, SBAS 2.0 m CEP
- VHF antenna required: >50 ohm, max 2:1 VSWR @ 162MHz, PL259 connector
- Serial data: 1 fully isolated USB port (mini), 1 isolated NMEA 0183 input (RS422 4800/38400 baud) 1 NMEA 0183 output (RS422 4800/38400 baud)
- Connectivity : NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, USB
- NMEA 2000: NMEA 2000 certified. LEN 2. Micro-C male connector. Female drop cable required (not included).
- Warranty: Two year world-wide warranty
- Frequency Range: 156 MHz to 163 MHz
- Operating temperature: -25° C to +55° C (-13° F to 131° F)
- Environmental: Watertight (USCG CFR-46, IPx7)
- Power Supply: 10-32 VDC, <0.8 W nominal
- Overall Size: 135mm Long x 107 Wide x 56 Deep (5 5/16" x 4 1/4" x 2 1/4") (includes connectors)
- Maximum VHF power: 25 W
- Maximum AIS power: 12.5 W
- Compatibility: Fully compatible with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders and receivers. Also compatible with other manufacturer's AIS receivers and transponders and will typically increase their performance
- VHF & AIS Connectors: SO-239 (UHF). Requires two appropriate length standard 50 ohm patch cables with PL-259 plugs (two 2 m (6.5 ft) cables included)
- AM / FM Connector: BNC, optional 2 m (6') cable available BNC to Motorola plug
- Patch Cable: Two provided as standard. 2m (6.5ft) long 50 ω cable with PL259 connectors
- Insertion Loss: VHF RX <1.5dB / VHF TX <1dB / AIS TX <1 dB
- AIS Receive Gain: 12 dB
- AIS Sensitivity with Vesper Marine transponders: -119 dBm, 6 dB improvement
In the Box:
- XB6000 AIS Black Box
- GPS Antenna with 10 m (33 ft) cable
- 2 m (6.5 ft) power/data cable
- 1 m (3 ft) USB cable
- AIS VHF antenna splitter
- 2 m (6.5') Power cable
- Two 2 m (6.5') PL259 patch cables
- Installation Guide
Click Here to See the Brochure for this Product (1.13 MB)
Click Here to See the Installation Guide for this Product (1.22 MB)
Click Here for a Vesper Transponder Comparison (1.32 MB)