The 6 HP 4-stroke outboard provides all the power you need for motoring in a small craft. This engine provides fuel efficiency second to none, and a redesigned carrying handle and holding grip makes it convenient to transport! With all of this available at a competitive price, it is no wonder this powerful 6 HP outboard receives so much attention and praise!
This portable best-seller has been upgraded with newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products with ergonomically designed front and back carrying handles.
In addition, you can now store your engine in 3 different positions without worrying about oil spillage.
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about oil spill
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- Newly designed Tohatsu's unique front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110 mm extension)
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Included fuel connector for use with external tank
- Included 3.1 gal (12 L) fuel tank with fuel gauge (standard on external fuel tank models only)
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Engine: 4 Stroke 1 Cylinder
- Output: 6 HP (4.4 kW)
- Displacement: 123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 59 x 45 mm (2.32" x 1.77")
- Starting: Manual
- Control Type: Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Shaft length: 15", 20", or 25"
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 450 ml (15 oz)
- Weight (based on lightest model): starting at 25 kg (55 lbs.)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Digital CD Ignition System
- Start In Gear Protection
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust
- Oil Pressure Warning
- Shallow Water Drive
- Factory Warranty: 5 years. Warranty begins on date of purchase.
Owner's Manual (1.92 MB)