The Skipper Bob -- Cruising Comfortably on a Budget is a serious discussion about what it means to live on a boat and cruise comfortably, while containing costs so you can keep doing it.
Chapter topics include, how to get started, how to choose the right boat, what equipment you will need, how to stay safe, and how to put it all together. The authors have done this for many years and are in a position to draw on real life experiences.
- Skipper Bob's publications are a compilation of information received from a long list of cruisers and the personal experience of the late Skipper Bob and his wife Elaine, and the current editor, Ted Stehle, and his wife Audrey
- The Skipper Bob Guides are not typical "cruising guides", but basic guides on what you find along the waterway
- This guide book includes information about fuel prices, transient slip fees, long-term slip fees, do-it-yourself yards, and haul out fees. A mile by mile list of hundreds of marinas, including information on courtesy cars, propane, shopping, CNG, approach depth, number of transient slips, phone numbers, approach directions and much more
- Discusses the best anchorages, free docks, bridge and lock restrictions, waterway problem areas, lowest marina and fuel prices.
- Updated annually, they are laid out in an easy to use mile by mile format
- Keep a copy at the helm, to follow as you travel
- Updates submitted between publication dates are posted in a special section on the Skipper Bob website
- Information on fuel and pump out locations
- Details on bridge and lock restrictions
- Anchorage details with extensive rating system
- All points of interest are identified by statue mile
- "Dog Stops" identifying where you can safely land your dog
- Internet access locations and availability as well as marinas with WiFi
- "Money Savers" stops that consistently offer low transient rates or low fuel prices
- Post offices, close to harbors, that accept General Delivery
- Courtesy Dockage and Yacht Clubs that offer reciprocal privileges
- Lists interesting excursions and side trips
- Bridge/lock info with VHF Channels
- Appendix lists all NOAA charts that cover all areas of the Guide
- Publisher: Skipper Bob Publications
- Edition: 15th
- Publish Date: October 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-9662208-7-2
- Spiral Bound
- Size: 8.5" x 11"
- Pages: 183