- Cotton caulking is used between wooden planks
- The wooden planks swell tightly against the cotton and caulk to seal seams
- It is typically used prior to "Oakum" on large boat seams
- Can be used by itself for smaller boats
- Twine is made of 7 twisted strands
- Each strand is about 1/16" in diameter) so you can use a single strands in small seams and double up the strands for larger seams
- Package: (1) 2 Ounce Ball
Note: Oakum is a preparation of tarred fiber used in shipbuilding, for caulking or packing the joints of timbers in wooden vessels and the deck planking of iron and steel ships, as well as cast iron pipe plumbing applications.